Recently upgraded areas include:
- Spratly and Paracel Islands, South China Sea
- Borneo, Sulawesi and New Guinea
- New Britain, Solomon Islands and Vanuatu
- New Caledonia and New Hebrides
- Australia's Great Barrier Reef
- Red Sea and Persian Gulf coastal areas (Landsat 8)
TerraColor® Satellite Images of Earth
TerraColor is now the default global imagery basemap in Esri's ArcGIS Online! To see it, click this link to open ArcGIS Online. Then click Basemap, and select Imagery or Imagery with Labels. (See our FAQ for more information on the TerraColor version used by Esri.)
Welcome to TerraColor.Net, your home for affordable, high quality satellite images that provide seamless global coverage of the earth at 15-meter spatial resolution. TerraColor is the cost effective way to obtain quality off-the-shelf satellite imagery of large urban areas, states, provinces, countries, continents, or the entire planet. Our product is used by most of the world's leading web mapping services, which makes it arguably the premier product of its type in the commercial market. We have versions with a generic blue ocean or a bathymetric shaded relief, and have upgraded many areas to reduce cloud cover and improve image quality. Unlike other vendors, we offer a complete, integrated globe of data with pole-to-pole coverage.
TerraColor has many advantages over other products, including:
- Major imagery upgrades to reduce cloud cover and add missing data
- 15-meter imagery for Antarctica to 82.6 degrees South
- Cloud- and ice-free ocean with blue water fill
- Complete global coverage (using lower resolution imagery at the poles)
- Optional bathymetric shaded relief for ocean fill
for ocean areas
TerraColor earth imagery can be used for a wide variety of applications, including web-based mapping, GPS tracking, GIS backdrops, television, print and film images, military/defense logistics, flight simulation, 3-D visualization, accurate cartographic mapping and many others. These satellite images provide colorful, detailed and visually pleasing views of the earth at medium resolution, and are suitable for mapping at scales of 1:60,000 and higher. We provide free, full resolution sample images, so browse our website to learn more about the many differences that elevate TerraColor above our competition.
Congratulations to NASA and the USGS on the successful launch and dissemination of imagery from the Landsat 8 satellite (launched 11 February 2013). The imagery is very high quality and we look forward to using it for many years to come. Visit the Landsat 8 website for more information.